Awards & Honors:
For his innovation GRIPS, he was nominated, finalist, and awarded various national and international awards like:
- ‘Business Leaders of Tomorrow Award-2011’ by Economic Times and Ernst & Young (top 5 in India among 50,000 nominees, evaluated by the Jury panel which includes Innovation Advisor to the Prime Minister of India),
- ‘Airline Industry Innovation Award–2013’ (Winner),
- ‘IHS Jane’s Air Traffic Management Award–2014’ (shortlisted among top 4 runway safety technologies developed globally) by World Air Traffic Management Congress.
- Listed among 8 lesser known Biharis who played a key role in shaping modern India
- The Grand Lodge of Texas awarded him with ‘Apollo Science Teaching award 2017’ (an award given in honor of NASA’s Apollo Mission).
- In recognition of his remarkable mentoring in STEM, Innovation, Creative Thinking, and enabling school kids to Think, Explore and Innovate, he was awarded Freedoms Foundation’s National Award; the ‘George Washington Honor Medal (Education)-2020’.
- He was also awarded ‘Innovative Teacher of the Year-2017’ by Conrad Foundation at NASA Kennedy Space Center for mentoring youths for Innovation and Creativity.
- Faizan also received ‘Teacher’s Certificate of Recognition’ by the National Space Society at International Space Development Conference 2018 at Los Angeles for mentoring over 25 award-winning students at NASA Ames Space Settlement International Challenge.